15 April 2015

The night before we became four.

Our last night as a family of 3. Matt and I got home from work and wanted to go out to do something for our last night before welcoming a new baby into the family. Because we (I) are so indecisive, we ended up spending our night wandering around Target, buying last minute treats and necessities for the baby. we stopped and picked up some burritos for dinner, and headed to matt's parents house to drop off Lucy for the night. We had decided that since we would be heading to the hospital early in the morning for my scheduled induction, it would probably be best if we had Lucy spend that night with Debbie. We sat and visited with Jeff and Deb for a bit and hung out with our sweet Lucy. I was having so many mixed emotions about leaving Lucy and I would be lying if I said I wasn't completely panicked on the inside. Matt had a hockey game that night, so we needed to get going. We said good bye to Luc and gave her so many hugs and kisses before leaving. the second we got into the car, I totally lost it and started crying. I was so sad to be leaving my baby, knowing the next time I saw her she wouldn't be my baby anymore, she would be a big sister. Lucy has been so excited for the baby to come, she talks to my belly all the time, tells me she wants the baby out and already loves her sissy. But I was so unsure of how she would respond to actually having her baby sister her. Being 40 weeks pregnant makes you VERY emotional. 
Anyway, we got home and got to work. We had a few last minute things to do, like sterilizing bottles and binkies, vacuuming and laundry. we finished up doing those things and headed down to Matt's hockey game. I haven't been to a game in a long time, because I dont like to keep Lucy up past her bedtime, and his games are always really late. It was nice to be able to go to his game and watch him play. A nice night, just the two of us. I didn't expect to be able to sleep much that night, as I didn't with Lucy the night before I had her, but my body was totally exhausted and as soon as I hit the pillow, I fell fast asleep until my alarm went off the next morning! :) 


Last picture, just us three. 


#13 is a total hottie. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]