15 April 2015

A little trip to Labor and Delivery

On Monday, March 2nd, I was at work and kept noticing my vision was going blurry. My vision has struggled most of my pregnancy, which  has required me to wear my glasses a lot more. But this time was different. It was noticeably worse.  I know that blurred vision can be a sign of pre-eclampsia or toxemia, so I was slightly worried. I decided to head down to our CNA classroom, and have somone take my blood pressure. I always pride myself in my low, healthy blood pressure. So when Mr. Wilson told me my blood pressure was 150/100, I became very nervous. I called my doctor to ask him what to do, and he told me to head to the hospital immediately. I called Matt and we both left work to head up to Davis Hospital. They got me checked in and started monitoring me. I was having a few contractions, but that was nothing abnormal. I have contracted pretty regularly since I was 23 weeks pregnant. My blood pressure was still high, but the longer i sat, it gradually went lower and lower. After being at the hospital a few hours and having all my labs done, they sent me home. I hadn't dilated any more and I wasn't contracting very much. So home we went. We knew we would be back in a few days on my scheduled induction date, so I can't say we were too disappointed. I mostly felt dumb having been so worried, but I'd rather be safe than sorry! 





Matt clearly was enjoying himself at the hospital. haha 



39 weeks pregnant 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]