08 August 2011

Here it goes

So this big news may not seem that big to you.. but its pretty big for me! 
(and I think Matt would also agree.. so I guess its big for our little family.)

I have decided to make a bit of a career change and change my major.. 
which changes our future as a family! 

As many of you know I graduated 2 1/2 years ago from LDSBC in interior design. I loved school, and loved my degree, but it has always been really important to me to get my bachelors degree. So I transferred to Weber to start my bachelors in Elementary Education. Because I continued to get the run around with the Elem. Ed department, I have spent the last 2 years taking generals in order to apply to the program. Yes thats right, I currently have enough credit hours to have a bachelors degree.. but still dont have it. If I continued in the Elementary Ed. program I am projected to graduate in 2 1/2 years, assuming I get into all the classes I need when I need them. 
(Scheduling at Weber is a whole other issue.. dont get me started.)

So as of this last week, I have officially declared my Major in Family Studies and will be graduating in a year! It took a lot of thought, prayer, researching and discussion with my family, but I am feeling so relieved and feel like I have made the right decision. 

Although I dont know specifically what I want to be doing as a career with my degree, I know it is the right direction for me, and it is very likely that after graduating I will continue on and get my Masters degree. 

I feel a huge relief after making this decision and I know that it will be best for me and my little family! The exciting part is.. because I will be finishing school a lot sooner than planned, we may start our family a lot sooner than planned! :) 
No I am not pregnant, and dont plan on getting pregnant any time soon.. but its nice to know that the pressure of finishing school is off my sholders and I can relax a little bit! So I guess Matt was right.. everything will work out and it is working out!

I am sorry if this was not the big news you were expecting... but for me... it is really big! :)

Also, Our 1 year anniversary is in a couple days and I really can't believe how quickly time has gone by! This last year has been the greatest of my life and I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!

5 comments:

  1. So happy for you :) I was really struggling with school before I found this major and felt such relief once I started classes. You are going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so hard to figure out what ya wanna do for the rest of your life!! You sound like you made a good decision Kathryn. You will be great at anything you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whooha! Very ambitious! Good for you Kathryn! I wish I had your motivation for schooling in me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok ok so I am happy for you but....Can I be sad too because I totally am!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so touched that you are following in your big sissy's footsteps. haha! You will love the major! It's so much fun! Can't wait to hear what classes you're in!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]