26 January 2011

This silly blog...

Today I was reading Becky Higgins blog, and I was starting to get a little depressed because I wish that I would have started project life at the first of the year... actually, I wish I would have started it from the day we got married.

I have seen this type of project before, Emily has it and I know a couple other people who are doing it, not necessarily the exact same thing, but similar.

Anyway, I still want to be able to start a project like this and keep up on it, forever.. but for right now, I really am just so glad I have this blog.

I have thought about deleting it multiple times (in fact, today I had this thought again), because I feel like people really couldn't care less about my life,
 but then I remembered the real reason I do it.

This blog isn't to brag about how great I think my life is, or about how much I love my husband, It isn't so people can see how crafty I try to be, or how cute my house is...
This blog is my journal, and it holds some of the best experiences of my life so far. It is the best way, for right now, that I can document great events, special occasions, and friend & family moments to remember forever!

So its okay that no one other than my family really read this, I honestly dont mind. Because I dont do this for anyone else, except myself, and my future family!
[I plan on printing my blog in a book at the end of the year, and continuing to do that as long as I have it]

So right now, I am greatful for this silly thing, that consumes a lot of my time and a lot of my work day (woops) Because now I can remember the little things that I might otherwise forget!

Have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. Um. I am not your family and I read your blog everytime there is a new post. So dont even think about stopping! Your blog is adorable, and very entertaining. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kathryn, i couldn't have said it better!
    you are wonderful!

    ps. who is making yours into a book? i had a place that i wanted to do mine, but they closed up shop... any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blogging is really such a good documentation of life isn't it? And family and friends are a great motivator to keep up on it! You are amazing Kat... As always! :)
    I got my blog book printed for Christmas. Seriously, I almost get emotional every time I look at or think of it. It is one of my greatest treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read yours! I just suck at commenting. Love ya sista! you guys are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yours is probably the only book I read, and next to the fact that your my daughters aunt, we're not family! (well and the face my husband thinks your husband is like his brother) ha
    But I love you, and I love your blog! And I think thats an adorable idea of printing it! Your future kids will love reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read your blog all the time FYI. So, I went to this blog you spoke about, and look to see what this Project Life thing is all about. I don't get it. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your blog, I am just super bad at commenting :) I think that is awesome! We print our blog book every year and it truly has become my journal. It is so nice to have all your experiences with the pictures all in one place (and for some reason it just seems easier to type a little blurb up every once in a while than sit down to write in a journal).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog! It is fun to keep a journal like this huh? I need to be better at it though!! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]