19 February 2010

Recipe #1

So in response to Emily's blog, I cooked last night! So I guess I better post my recipe on here for everyone to read, so they can make this lovely meal too! I made a delicious

Fiesta Pasta Salad

This salad is great because you can eat it as a side dish, like when you have a BBQ, or you can eat it as your main dish! Which is what my family usually does! Its so fast and easy to make, and very delicious!! :)

Ingredients:

-20 oz (or one full bag/box) of Bow-Tie Pasta

-2 cups of Light Miracle Whip or Mayo

-2 cups of Buttermilk

-1 packet of Hidden Valley Fiest Ranch Dip (This is just the powder mix)

-1 can of Garbanzo Beans

-1 can of Kidney Beans

-1 can of Corn

-1 can sliced olives

-1 Red Onion-Chopped

-1 Green Pepper-Chopped


Directions:

Cook pasta in boiling water for about 10-15 minutes. While pasta is cooking mix all other ingredients in a LARGE bowl! Once the pasta is done, just mix in really well with all other ingredients and refrigerate! It doesn't taste very good when it's warm! Once it is cold, you can serve with Tortilla chips and shredded cheese! :) I hope you like it as much as my family does!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you're the best friend ever!!!

    You made this for Tashinas shower right? I remember it was delicious!! I can't wait to try it out, Colton will love it!

    Thanks SO much, I'll see you tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making this salad. It's the best, and it makes for good leftovers, too. Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily, yes it is what I made for Tashina's shower! I hope Colton enjoys it! :)

    And brandi, it is great leftovers!! I love that it makes so much, because then I can eat it all week long! ha ha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm Kathryn, this looks delicious! You will make such a good little wifey one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds delish. I think I'll make it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a good idea! I am in a freezer meal friend group, and they have a blog and we post our recipes on there. Check it out!www.freezerfoodfriends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]