21 May 2009

I "Tri"...

I did it!! I can't believe I really finished! This last weekend me and my sister Brittany ran the Woman of Steel Triathlon! It was so fun! It started off with a short 300 meter swim, then a 12.5 mile bike ride, and then finished with a 3.2 mile run. The hardest part for me was the transition from the bike to the run, because my body was so confused! ha ha.. but overall it wasn't too bad and it was SOO much fun! I can't wait to be in another one! I didn't know I would like being in a race so much! I plan to run a few more races this summer! Here are just a couple of pictures my mom took! It was so fun to have her come and watch! Also, thank you Jennifer for letting me and Britt sleep at your house the night before the race! You are the best! :)

This one is for you Brandi! ha ha.. I just finished my swim and was off to find my bike! and this is my sweet hot pink swim cap! 
This is during my bike... don't I just look so happy! ha
And the run... This was actually the part I was looking forward to most! 
This is after the race! Me and Britt are showing off our muscles while we hold our bikes up high! ha ha

6 comments:

  1. kathryn...
    you are amazing!
    that is so neat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are hard core kathryn! i wanna do it with you next time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a rock star! I'm loving the pink swim cap! That's the best! I'm so proud of you for doing the triathlon. I really want to do one someday. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so so jealous friend! Just made me extra excited for my marathon! :] Congrats on finishing!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a rock star for sure! That is awesome girly! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]