06 October 2014

A Baby Sister!

Surprise! Lucy is going to be a big sister!! 



We have been keeping a secret for a few months, and we decided a couple weeks ago, to finally share the news! On July 1st, Matt and I found out we were expecting another little babe! We knew the time was right for us to have another baby, and give Lucy a sibling. In June I had been to the doctor just to make sure things were all good and healthy before trying to get pregnant. At this appointment, we found out that my blood work was less than perfect. I have known since high school that I had anemia, but it hadn't really ever caused problems or been talked about much. I just knew I needed to eat more iron and make sure I was getting all the nutrients I needed. Well I guess my blood work came back and my hemoglobin levels were really low, they wanted me to start on some supplements right away and be tested again. Even after being on the supplements for a month, my levels were still low, but at this point we found out we were expecting. So on top of normal pregnancy fatigue, I was extra tried!! And extra sick! This go around has not been so kind to me. Thankfully the really bad sickness waited to settle in until the week after we got home from Trek. It was a total blessing that I wasn't really sick while being a pioneer, I dont think I would have survived! Being extra sleepy was bad enough. Anyway, getting pregnant came much quicker and easier than we ever thought possible, and we feel very blessed... however, because it came so easily to us we were more hesitant to tell people, I just felt like it was too good to be true. In fact, Until I was about 14 weeks pregnant, I didn't really believe I was pregnant. This whole experience has been much different than it was with Lucy. 

So far, everything has been going great, and finally now that I am 18 weeks, I am no longer nauseous!! I have been a pretty crummy mom and wife the last 4 months because I have not even felt human. I am hoping I am in the clear now and will feel much better until I get really big! We found out at our 16 week appointment that we are having another girl. At first I was kind of disappointed, just because I thought it would be fun to have one of each. But later that night, the more I thought about Lucy having a sister, I couldn't wait! I love having sisters and I know that this baby girl is meant to be in our family at this time! It is a pretty amazing thing to not only be a mother, but to be able to carry a child and be pregnant. I know these little spirits are gifts from our Heavenly Father, and they are coming to this earth, at this time, for a divine purpose. How lucky are we to be able to raise these children, to teach them and have them teach us? I feel SO lucky! I know that pregnancy, child bearing and being a mother does not come easy to everyone, and so to have already had one child and to be getting ready for another has me feeling extremely blessed. 

Baby girl is due March 8th, her timing couldn't be more perfect and we couldn't be more excited! 

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you still blog!
    And I'm so happy for you! Can't wait to see another beautiful Olsen babe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best news ever! Giving Lucy a sibling will be the best thing you ever gave her. Congrats to you guys and I hope your pregnancy gets better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Reeve was born on March 11th. We love Spring babies :) Your such an adorable Mom. You'll love having two. Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy. I loved being pregnant for all the major holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc.) I also enjoyed being prego in the winter and wearing lots of sweaters and leggings. So happy for your cute family!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]