18 October 2011

Sleepless in Seattle

This last weekend, i was able to go on a long awaited vacation to 
Seattle, Washington. 

A few months ago Matt's mom and sisters all decided that we needed to go on a "girls trip" while the boys were off hunting. So we booked our flights and a hotel right down town in the heart of Seattle. 

Seattle was beautiful, and I really could live there! I thought it would seem depressing and sad, since it is usually over cast and rains 300 days out of the year; but it was so peaceful, calm and everything was so pretty! 

We spent most of our time shopping, seeing the sights, participating in a protest and eating! :) 

Here are a few highlights of the vacation... 

{before you get started on all these pictures,  you may want to know a few things. 
A: Nobody in the Olsen family goes by their real name. Everyone has a nick name, and using someone's real name always feels wrong and awkward. 
[Kim-Frit, Brenda- Shmovel, Kristi-Frat, Emilee-Camer, Debbie-Helga, Lois-Gram]
 B: Nobody in the Olsen family ever just smiles in a picture...  I must say though... all their cute faces make for some adorable photos!}

Shmovel and Frit
 Camer and Frat

Helga and Gram

 Our glamorous hotel, The Westin.


 We walked everywhere we went. Thank goodness for my handy iphone to guide us through the streets! Frat was our navigator, and she did a wonderful job of getting us where we needed to be! 

 Our first full day in Seattle, we took a Ferry out to one of the islands. Bainbridge Island. It was so quaint and adorable! Taking the Ferry was pretty fun too! 


 We at breakfast on the island at the adorable Cafe. It was exactly what we had pictured! 







 Pikes Place Market was one of my favorite stops! Amazing, delicious produce, and so many fun things to see!



Pikes has the most amazing flowers!! and so cheap!! A huge bouquet is only $5! I really wanted to bring some home.


 We made a stop at the first Starbucks to get some apple cider! Yum! 







 Fish Throwing!! 


 Many of you know, Sleepless in Seattle is my favorite movie!! So it was very important to me that I sat in the same seat Tom hanks sat in, while in a restaurant at Pikes Market.. So then we of course had to do the scene, "So.. how's my butt?" 

 The Space Needle


You may have heard about the big protests against Wall St. Well we watched a "march" and I think just about anyone who had a sign decided to join in. My personal favorite was "there's always money in the banana stand" For those of you who watch Arrested Development, you understand how funny this is! :)



I can't wait to see where we decide to go next year! I honestly think I have the greatest in-laws ever, and feel so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family! I love each of my sisters in law so much, and consider them some of my best friends, my mother in law is wonderful and so kind to everyone, and Gram is the the sweetest 81 year old I know! 
It was a fantastic trip, and I can't wait for the many more ahead! :)

3 comments:

  1. You have so many sister in laws!!! LUCKY!
    And from he looks of it, they're really fun too.

    P.s. I LOVE sleepless in Seattle too. A classic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun! I might have to steal this idea and take a girls trip with my in-laws! You're so cute Kathryn!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are right, those flowers are simply amazing. I don't think I've seen sleepless in Seattle from start to finish...I guess I better put it on my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]