21 June 2011

My home.

I know I have said this before, but I just have to say it again, 
I love our little house, and I love where we live! 

Yesterday morning I woke up with the urge to sew. 
I love sewing, and haven't made anything for quite a while... 
So I called my mom and we went to the fabric store 
(she is an excellent seamstress and could literally make anything! She knows tons about fabrics, patterns and design.. 
So I knew I needed her to go with me!)

I have been wanting to make some pillow covers for quite a while.. but was having a hard time choosing fabric... But yesterday I finally made the purchase and I couldn't be happier! 

I got home, set up the machine and got right to work! I made 5 pillows in about 2 hours and wanted to make more! So, I used my scraps to make a Small table runner/place mat. 

Here are my final products: 







 this pillow is double sided, and has some beads on the sides :]










 I love these colors! In fact.. they match my bedroom almost exactly... 


haha what can I say... its a good combination! :]

now on to the next project.... 

7 comments:

  1. Great color schemes and mixing of patterns. You must have studied design! ;)xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so cute! Love the fabric & colors! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathryn that looks very cute! I love it. I need your next project to be finding me some cute pillows for my family room! I am in search, as well as a bedspread, so work your magic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Impressive Sug! Good job they look great!

    Miss u and love u. I'll c u @ the cabin :]

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Love the mirror too =) someone must be really nice...or just returning a favor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those look great! You did wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your style babe! So cute!! We have those same couches... except I let Heath pick the color (chocolate brown) and I much rather would have had cream! :-/ haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]