30 December 2010

Emergency Room.

In case you don't already know.. My husband is a very good soccer player.
On Tuesday night he played on a mens team and he did great!


So when we both got the opportunity to play last night, we were so excited!
its been months since we played coed together, and i've really missed it!

So after getting to the game through the blizzard...
I got in and played for about ten minutes...
then I got hit really hard.. and experienced the worst pain of my life!
I am not even exaggerating! I have never cried so much because of an injury.. and i've been hurt a lot!
Matt was right there after I hit the ground and carried me off the field.
after waiting out that game, and the next game our team played..
we made our way to the ER.

Thankfully my ankle isn't broken! but unfortunately... I can't walk!
I have a really bad sprain & re-injured the tendons that have already been torn... twice.

Having done this more than once... I thought I knew what to expect...
but i've never been so swollen, and in so much pain!

I have to go see an Orthopedic surgeon to get an MRI to see what the full damage really is.
thank heavens for my amazing health insurance!!
It ended up being a great night! ha I sat out and Matt play a great couple of games!!
seriously he is so good. he even scored a goal for me! :)

Hopefully I heal quickly so Matt can stop carrying me everywhere, and I can ditch the crutches!

If anyone feels like sitting on the couch with me.. or taking care of my puppy,
Come on over! :)

Matt has been so great at taking care of me, he is so worried about how I am feeling, and is doing everything for me!
I am so lucky to have him!

10 comments:

  1. oh dear.
    what an eventful night..
    i hope that you heal quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is the worst! I am sorry! Stupid ankles. I recently had the same thing happen to me but no ER involved! hope you get better soon! and you wont be afraid to play soccer! Does he play at the Kaysville indoor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, that is where he mostly plays.. but my accident happened at ultimate indoor in woods cross.

    ReplyDelete
  4. isn't the ER just a joy. i hate it! i'm glad you're not broken kathryn. you are pretty hard core!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The ER sucks! Me and kelly know all about that! I hope the MRI goes well, keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. NOT fun. I'm sorry! MRI's are the very worst, (I've had plenty) hopefully they just do your bottom half! Good Luck

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm sorry my dear! I'm glad you have your hubby there to take care of you. Hopefully the damage isn't too bad and you heal quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]