31 July 2013

Lucy Turns 1

How did this happen? How did this last year of my life fly past me so quickly? I know every mother says it, but it really is true, time goes by too fast. 

I remember Lucy's birth so perfectly, and each time I think of that sweet day and all the perfect little details I can't help but cry. Aside from mine and Matt's sealing, the day I became a mom was the greatest day of my life. This last year has been the greatest, hardest, fastest, most rewarding year and I know it will only get better. 

To celebrate Lucy's birthday we decided to have a little get together with family and a few friends. The entire day before I spent 15 hours in the kitchen. Baking 50 cupcakes, 150 sugar cookies, one giant cupcake/smash cake and more frosting than i'd like to admit. I didn't do anything too fancy, since Lucy wont remember this day except for what she sees in pictures, but I knew I couldn't let the day go by without doing something. We are so lucky to have so much family near by that came over to party with us. She was of course spoiled rotten and has spent most of today sitting in the middle of the floor trying to decide what to play with next. She walks all over the house, usually with a baby doll in each hand, and knows that she is the boss. Oh how I love this little girl more than anything. She makes me the happiest mom and pushes me to be a better person and mother. It was a great day for all of us, and I look forward to this next year with our Lucy girl. 







 Cutest dad ever. 





Lucy was eating her cake so sweetly, just one little piece at a time, Matt was not impressed, so when she stood up to walk away, he pushed her into the cake and she sat right on it. Everyone started laughing, so of course, Lucy did too. She thought she was soooo funny. Probably the cutest thing I have ever witnessed. 

I still cant believe my baby is one. She is not so much a baby anymore, but we wont even go there right now. I love this sweet babe so much and am so lucky to be her mama.
 Happy first birthday Lucy Marie! 

5 comments:

  1. Such a cute party! You inspire me to blog about Jack's party only (cough) two months ago... haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! I'm Heather and was hoping you could answer a question I have about your blog! My email is Lifesabanquet1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucy is such a cutie. I canNOT believe she is one already!! You did an amazing job with her party. Everything looks so cute and I'm seriously impressed with all your baking! Everything looks so cute and so delicious!! Happy late birthday to Lucy Marie.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]