16 November 2012

Lucy and Charlotte's Blessing Day

Because Lucy is lucky enough to have another cousin so close to her in age, she was able to share her special day with her youngest cousin, Charlotte. On November 4, 2012 Lucy Marie Olsen and Charlotte Emily Shumway were given a name and a blessing. It was so fun for these two little babies to be able to have this day together, and even though we had about 80 people (thats JUST family) we were thrilled to have everyone in attendance to help us celebrate this special day. 

Matt did such a wonderful job and gave Lucy the most beautiful blessing. She is so lucky to have such a great dad who is a worthy priesthood holder. I have always thought baby blessings were such sweet days for those new babies and their parents, but I never really understood just how special that day is until I could experience it for myself. I know Lucy is going to grow into a beautiful young woman full of integrity and kindness. I cherish each and every day with her and I look forward to all of the days, moments and memories to come. 







Lucy was in no mood for pictures... but isn't my sister Jennifer so pretty?? 


 Belle didn't want any more pictures either... ha ha 

It was such a great day, I'm so glad we could share it. 

3 comments:

  1. Lucy's so pretty, Kathryn. Just like you! Your posts always melt my heart a little. You're just as precious a mother as I always knew you would be. :o) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! Can I just copy and paste it to my blog? And you are way too kind. Looking at these pics makes me sad that I have gained all my weight back. Time for some serious diet and exercise. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]