02 November 2011

Our little pit.

Friends and family, our sweet little pit bull is not going to make it. :( She is being put down today. Her intestines keep leaking and her body it too weak to recover from everything she has been through. Thank you so much to everyone who has been so generous and donated. We will be using those donations to cover the cost of everything she had done up to this point. If by chance we have anything left over, we will donate that to a local dog rescue. Thank you for all your love and concern. We are grateful that this sweet little puppy could be apart of our lives for such a short time.

[The day my anut Lynette found her on the side of the road]

[Her second day at the vet, after her first surgery to remove the unborn puppies, and clean up her tummy]



[Her third day at the vet, recovering from surgery and just wanting to be loved]

This sweet little puppy just wanted to be loved, and thankfully we were all able to love her for the last week of her life. I am so so sad that we had to put her down this morning, but I know that she is happier now and no longer sick! She was such a sweet little girl, and I am so glad I got to be apart of the process in "saving" her.

 

4 comments:

  1. :( I'm sorry Kathryn. She looks like a really cute and sweet puppy. That last picture is so sweet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. those pictures are just so sweet. I really wanted her to make it :( You guys are so amazing for everything you did though! I know she felt so much love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I am so sorry! You guys are so wonderful. I am sure she was happier and felt your love through this last little while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why but this post made me cry. I love that last picture of Lynette.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]