27 April 2011

Easter!

I love this time of year, and celebrating Easter!
This year we celebrated the day with my family on Saturday.
We had an Easter egg hunt, rolled eggs, and ate a wonderful meal.

Rolling eggs has always been a tradition in my family, and I always think it is so interesting when I find out that there are A LOT of people who have never done it before.. one of those being my husband.

We have a contest to see who can roll theirs the farthest with out it breaking, and who's egg lasts the longest.
It is such a fun tradition, and I loved being able to do things with my family all day Saturday!
Here are a few pictures from the event!

  
Grandma helping the little kids get their eggs!  
 ha this is a nice photo...

After I rolled my egg, it hit a bump and totally de-shelled! The egg itself stayed whole, but the shell just came off! We all thought it was pretty amazing! haha

Sunday Matt and I spent  most of Easter together, just the two of us, and it was wonderful. It was my turn to teach our primary class, and the lesson was on Christ's Miracles. As I studied and prepared for my lesson
(which I honestly have to do.. my primary kids know the scriptures better than I do)
I kept thinking of the movie, Finding Faith in Christ.
if you haven't seen, I suggest you do.
While we watched this video in class, I felt so blessed to be here, and to be apart of our saviors plan. The movie goes through many of Christs miracles and ends with his crucifiction and resurrection.
As I looked around at our sweet primary kids, faces, I could see that each of them felt the spirit and knew the real reason we celebrate Easter.
Nothing is better than that.
I am so grateful for our saviour and his sacrifice for us!


I hope you all had as great of an Easter weekend, as we did!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this blog!
    And I love that we have friends that have the same amazing beliefs that we do. Its so relieving knowing that we can talk about the church and the Savior and have such good friends to understand it all. :)
    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]