22 July 2014

4th of July

The 4th of July is a family favorite around here. We spend the morning at the Kaysville parade, then head over to Shmovels house for the most delicious lunch. We spend the rest of the day playing outside, laughing more than we're used to and eating as many snowies as possible. We like to joke that Shmovels house on the fourth, is like a circus. Everyone brings their different "toys" and there are always rides. Between the 3-wheeler, the moped and the tandem bike, everyone was having fun. This year once lunch was over, and we were all melting in the heat, a huge water fight broke out. You'd think it was the kids that started it, but no no, it was in fact the adults that got real serious about it. I managed to stay dry, because I had dubbed myself the "cell phone keeper" but Matt on the other hand was soaked all the way through. I dont think we have laughed so hard or had more fun in a long time! I think we might have to make it a new tradition. 

After the party Matt and I headed home to get cleaned up just in time to head to Salt Lake to go to the REAL game. We both love going to these games and we had so much fun. At the end of the game, they put on the best firework show I have EVER seen. It was so fun to spend a night with my guy. Happy 4th of July!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]