20 January 2013

Someone is getting very big.

Lucy is growing like a weed, and I do not like it one bit! She is getting so big and is changing so much every day. I love her little personality and how sweet she is, but I miss my tiny new born baby. Lucy is quite the chatter box these days. She likes to yell (yes she is 5 months and already yells.. she's a bit sassy) she blows lots of spit bubbles, and she laughs when she thinks I am being funny. She has also learned how to pull Maeby's hair, and like to grab her whenever she is close by. Lucy is a very smiley baby and will smile at just about anyone who talks to her. She can roll in full circles and can almost sit all the way up by her self. She was sleeping through the night until she caught her first real sickness. :( Lucy had her first ear infection, and they thought she had RSV. When the doctor told me he was concerned that that was what she had, I was freaking out. Thank goodness it was just another viral infection, and she was able to get over it within a week. Having a sick baby is so sad, and I never want her to be sick again! I can wish right? I can't believe that in two weeks she will be 6 months old!! She does not like rice cereal, and makes the funniest face when she eats it. She loves her bottle and can hold it all by herself. She likes to grab your hair, lips, nose, ears and eyes when she's looking at you and gives really good, open mouth kisses. The last few weeks, she has become a bit of a mama's girl. I can't say that I hate it. She reaches for me, and cries when someone else has her and I walk by. haha Its really cute, but can be a bit exhausting. She is actually really good, and will let anyone hold her, but she has her times when she gets really offended that I am not holding her. She continues to make us the happiest parents on earth, and we can't wait to see the little lady she becomes.

Now if time could please just slow down, I'd like to enjoy my baby a little longer!

At 4 months, Lucy weighed 13 lbs 13 oz and was 24.5 inches long.










3 comments:

  1. She really is the cutest thing ever!! Ps this semester I have a class in one of our old classrooms and I totally thought about you because pretty sure I sit in the exact same spot!! Haha I only have one semester left..are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is so sweet! & has the cutest clothes!
    she's perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]