13 February 2012

Surprise weekend!

This weekend Matt planned a suprise weekend getaway. He has been planning this for the last couple weeks and could barely keep it a secret. He decided that for Valentines day he wanted to do something fun for the two of us. He booked us a room at the Armstrong Mansion in Salt Lake and made dinner reservations at Rodizio Grill.  He picked me up early from work and after dropping off Maeby we were off to check into our room. I had no idea where we were going, and once we got there Matt wouldn't let me get out of the car until after he had gone in to "take care of things". Matt had upgraded our room to the romance package and didn't want me to know. He is seriously the sweetest cutest person in the world and I am soooo thankful every day that I married him.  

After checking into our room and getting changed for dinner, we had to make a quick stop at gateway to pick up a shirt for Matt. He accidently brought the wrong color shirt, and it did not match his pants AT ALL
 (this is what happens when I am not there to supervise the packing)
So we rushed down to gateway, and I ran into Gap to find a shirt.. I ended up finding three shirts that I liked, so I bought them all.. woops! :)  Once we got his clothing taken care of we were off to dinner.
Matt had never eaten at Rodizio Grill before so he was excited to experience it all. He enjoyed everything he ate and was very stuffed by the end of the night! I would say dinner was a success!



We then headed back to the room to watch the movie we had rented and eat at the treats we picked up at the gas station. When we got back to our room, the entire room was covered in rose petals and candles! It was so cute! We enjoyed our stay, and got up early the next morning to get started on some shopping. We shopped around gateway for a while, then decided to go see The Vow. I liked it, but Matt thought it was little too cheesy for his liking, although I had higher expectations, I still was pleased with it. Once the movie was over, I was off to a sewing class with my mom and sisters to learn how to use our new fancy sewing machines. I'll be honest, after spending such a wonderful 2 days with my sweet Matthew, I was so sad to leave him. I may have cried a little bit as I drove away from him. I am so lucky to have Matt in my life and to know I get to be with him for eternity. I can't wait for the next chapters in our life! Every day with him just gets better and better!! Thank you for such a fun weekend Matt, I love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. This is so sweet of dear matty! It looks like the perfect weekend getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that?? So fun! You and Matt are just the cutest!
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We haven't seen you guys forever, you look like a whole new couple! I want and hope to see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well lets make it happen EDRM! I dont know how different WE look... but I know how different I look! haha You're in for a real treat! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comment! :]